Skip to main content

My return to workouts; Workout for October 13, 2011

I admit it.  I fell off the wagon for a while.

Now I've got to "catch up" to my workout performance for nearly a month ago.  I am planning to dedicate four days per week to workout schedule.

I also admit I made a slight modification to the program once more.  Instead of single-leg deadlifts for the last exercise of the lower body workouts (refer here to see the original program), I have replace it with single leg calf raises.  My rationale behind this is that single leg RDL's (also in the program) work my posterior chain much better, and there is no direct calf work in the program.  I also started using a very sturdy chair for single leg partial squats because I can gain a greater ROM (range of motion) than using the step stair in my back yard.... my rep numbers in that exercise reflect that change.

Without further ado, here is the workout for today:


Lower body

A1: Bulgarian split-squat @ 333
    1. 14
    2. 11
A2. Hip-thigh extension @ 333
    1. 5
    2. 4
B1. Partial co-contraction lunge @ 333
    1. 5
    2. 5
B2. Step-up @ 201
    1. 15
    2. 15
C1. Single leg partial squat @ 333
    1. 7
    2. 6
C2. Single leg RDL @ 333
    1. 8
    2. 7
D1. Single leg squat ("pistol squat") @ 303
    1. 4
    2. 4
D2. Calf raises @ 333
    1. 6
    2. 6

Comments